Here is the Community Connection for the month of December and January. In the Community Connection, you will find articles relating to:
1. Your health
2. The power of community as various organizations got together to defeat the motion that L.A. City Council member Tom LaBonge was planning on implementing which would have banned public feeding in L.A
3. Articles on housing-such as Housing Authority of the City of L.A. (HACLA) not letting the residents of Jordan Downs in Watts know bout the health risk in their vicinity
4. My article dealing with homeless veterans as well as my poem, Remembering Me on Thanksgiving and Christmas
5. Latest info on the Stop LAPD Spying Coalition
6. Take Back the Night event in Skid Row
7. Information on a Produce Market in South L.A.
8. A great article on the passing of one of Skid Row’s legend-Blu
9. Information on the Homeless Bill of Rights and finally
10. Pictures of the struggle for Human Rights in Skid Row, South L.A. and Beyond.
Here is the paper that writes about issues that you won’t find in the L.A. Times. Enjoy:
Tags: Articles you won't find in the L.A. Times, Banned Public Feeding in L.A., Cangress, community, Community Connection, HACLA, homeless, Homeless Bill of Rights, Homeless Veterans, Housing Authority of the City of L.A., human rights, L.A. CAN, L.A. Times, Los Angeles Community Action Network, Poem, Poetry, Produce Market, Remembering Me on Thanksgiving and Christmas, Skid Row, Stop LAPD Spying, Take Back the Night, Tom LaBonge, Veterans